We all know the stress of having furniture delivered to your home. Sometimes it can even put us off ordering that new sofa we so desperately need. But EZ Living Furniture is here to help! We want to show you that as long as you follow a few simple steps before and after delivery we can take the pain away and save you the trouble to make everything a little more EZ!
Before Placing an Order
When looking to place an order for home delivery with our EZ Living Furniture Home Delivery Service it is extremely important to remember to follow some quick steps before placing an order to ensure that your delivery runs as smoothly as possible.
- Step 1 - Check Measurements:
Double-check the measurements of the item by visiting our features & dimensions section on the item's webpage on our website. Every item available online comes with dimensions (however if there's a particular measurement you are looking for that's not listed on this page please don't hesitate to ask us!)
- Step 2 - Check the Desired Location:
With the measurements obtained online check to see if this item will fit in the desired location and if you will need to move any existing furniture around to accommodate it.
- Step 3 - Check Path from Street to Room:
To ensure that your home will be accessible by our Home Delivery Team we advise our customers to walk the path that our delivery team will take with your furniture items to the destined room and have your measuring tape with you to take a few simple measurements.
- Measure entryways/front door(s) to ensure that your furniture will fit into your home.
- Measure any elevators (if applicable) ensure that you make a note of any railings/light fixtures that may be in the lift.
- Measure your hallway to the desired room making a note of any tight corners or fixed obstacles that cannot be moved.
- If your home contains stairs, we advise measuring from the top and bottom of the steps to your ceiling and making a note of any landings which may be difficult for our home delivery team to navigate through.
- Measure stairs width to ensure there is enough space to transport the item.
- Keep a note of measurements of light fixtures or any fixed obstacles which may interfere with your delivery.
- Measure all interior doors and door frames to ensure the items will be delivered to your desired room.
By now you should know whether your item is going to fit in your desired location and you can finally place your order with us. If you have any queries regarding measurements taken or if you're still unsure or have any questions about delivery please contact us here. Once you place your order you can sit back and relax while you wait for your delivery to be scheduled and booked in.
The Day of the Delivery
It's finally here! While you prepare for your delivery to arrive there is a number of steps we advise customers to go through just before our Home Delivery Team arrive, this includes preparing your home and clearing obstacles that may block our delivery team's path.
- Step 1 - Make sure someone is home
It is important to ensure that someone is at home at the time of your delivery to accept your order for you. This can be a friend, neighbour or relative who is above the ages of 16+.
- Step 2 - Ensure your driveway is clear
If you have a driveway or front garden we predict that you may need to move any obstacles between the road and your front door. This can include moving any vehicles that may be parked, clearing walkways/driveways or moving building materials.
- Step 3 - Clear all hallways/entryways
If there are any furniture items existing in your hallway or entryway which may obstruct our delivery team we would suggest moving these items out of the way until after our delivery team has left.
- Step 4 - Protecting your flooring
Our delivery team take extra care to ensure that flooring is not damaged when they assemble or deliver items to your home. However, we suggest that customers tape down brown paper or newspaper on their flooring to ensure that this is protected and kept clean during delivery.
And now you should be all set for your delivery to arrive! How exciting!
So by now, our dedicated Home Delivery Team will have delivered your furniture order and your last job is to make sure that everything is to your satisfaction. We advise our customers to follow a few simple steps after delivery to identify any problems which may arise after receiving their order so that we can look into helping them asap.
- Step 1 - Check all of the items that have arrived
It is important to unpack your furniture as carefully as possible and retain the original packaging until you are completely satisfied that there are no issues. Check that all the items have arrived and have no damage or marks that may have arisen due to delivery.
Please Note: If you notice any marks or damage on any of your delivered items please notify us immediately by contacting us here.
- Step 2 - Ensure all item parts have arrived
For items with self-assembly ensure that you have all the parts as per the instructions for assembly which will be supplied in the box with the item.
- Step 3 - Assembly on items
If you have chosen to have your items assembled by our EZ Living Delivery Service ensure that you avail of our waste implementation plan. As part of this plan, we now offer a service whereby we remove all unwanted packaging from all-ready-made furniture and products where an assembly fee has been paid. Please ask for this service once your items have been delivered.
So now you know that if you follow these easy steps that your delivery will be hassle-free. Of course, if you have any further queries please check out our Delivery FAQ Here. Remember we're here to help and make things a little bit EZ-er.