Choosing a colour scheme for your home can be hard, frustrating and time-consuming. So what is the easiest way of choosing a colour for a room? Follow our guide to find out:
1) Choose your theme for your room. It maybe country cottage or shabby chic. This is your starting point and should reflect your personality.
2) When you have selected your style, find an “anchor” fabric with at least three colours in it. Make sure you are in love with the anchor fabric as it sets the tone for the rest of your room.
3) Use the background colour of the fabric for your walls.
4) Add the mid-toned colour in the fabric with large items such as a sofa or a bookcase.
5) Use the brightest colour in the fabric and accessorize with cushions and throws.
- Use the colours at least three times in the room.
- You are not using the fabric, just the colour so make sure the colour is your appealing to you.
- A good rule of thumb is that the background colour should take up 60%, Mid-toned colour should take up to 30% and the brightest colour should take up 10% of the room.
Let us know how you get on with your interior decor.